If you ever get a chance to see a clip of one of Conan's earlier shows where he has invited many superstars to sing on a benefit album (I can't remember exactly why (something to do with chickens I think)) but the only one who shows up is Sting. Conan gets all full of himself and his singing abilities and he tries to put his own "stamp" on the song (it loosely parodies both the 80s benefit albums and VH1's "Behind the Music" show which was popular at the time). Andy gets really frustrated and Sting looks annoyed at having to sing back up with Ollie Olson (a recurring figure during the earlier Conan period (you may not remember but he was the guy that looked like he was a centenarian (I always thought his name was "Oldie Olson" (in fact it may be "Oldie" and not "Ollie" (I'll have to google it (how's that for digressions?))))). Anyway, it was funny.
3 comments:
Ahh, comic genius.
I also see that you have watched Tron recently. Sci-fi tech movie with a Messiah. Love it.
That was great. Wish I could invisible-string dance like that.
If you ever get a chance to see a clip of one of Conan's earlier shows where he has invited many superstars to sing on a benefit album (I can't remember exactly why (something to do with chickens I think)) but the only one who shows up is Sting. Conan gets all full of himself and his singing abilities and he tries to put his own "stamp" on the song (it loosely parodies both the 80s benefit albums and VH1's "Behind the Music" show which was popular at the time). Andy gets really frustrated and Sting looks annoyed at having to sing back up with Ollie Olson (a recurring figure during the earlier Conan period (you may not remember but he was the guy that looked like he was a centenarian (I always thought his name was "Oldie Olson" (in fact it may be "Oldie" and not "Ollie" (I'll have to google it (how's that for digressions?))))).
Anyway, it was funny.
Post a Comment